Build AI-powered apps with pre-trained models or create your own machine learning models
Azure AI puts artificial intelligence and machine learning at the fingertips of every developer. Want to build ML models? Choose between visual, automated, and code-first interfaces that simplify machine learning for any experience level. Want to use pre-built models? Infuse computer vision, natural language processing, and decision-making capabilities into your apps with simple API calls.
What should I hack?
Put your skills to the test and apply Azure AI to a new or existing project! We welcome projects of all types, including AI-powered apps or devices, conversational bots, ML models, or something else entirely! Check out the resources tab for tips on getting started, and join our Slack office hours to get your questions answered. We’re excited to see what you build!
New to AI/machine learning?
What can I do with Azure AI?
Office hours schedule
Get your questions answered by Microsoft experts! Join the Slack channel here to access office hours.
- Thursday, Aug 1 8-10AM PT
- Wednesday Aug 21 12-2PM PT
- Wednesday Sep 4 3-6PM PT
Developers and data scientists of all backgrounds and skill levels are encouraged to submit projects.
Individuals, and teams of individuals, must have reached the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence at the time of entry
Note: government officials, corporations, and employees of Microsoft or DevPost are not eligible to win prizes, but may submit projects. See full rules for further restrictions.
Use one or more of following Azure AI services to build a new project or update an existing project: Azure Machine Learning service, Azure Cognitive Services, and Azure Search. Projects may integrate with other Azure services, open source technologies (including but not limited to frameworks, libraries, and APIs) and physical hardware of your choice.
How to enter
- Register for the Microsoft Azure AI Hackathon on this page.
- Create a free account on Azure. Azure free trial provides $200 credit to explore any service and 12 months of popular free services.
- Learn how to use Azure AI services on the resources tab, and check out our machine learning quickstarts and sample code, and ML-ready datasets.
- Build! Create a new project that uses Azure AI services or apply them to an existing project.
- Upload your code to Github, making sure to include all deployment files and instructions needed for testing your project. (If the repository is private, share access with email@example.com) Record a video under 5 minutes that demonstrates your project in action.
- Submit your project on devpost.com before September 10th, 2019 @ 2:00pm PT
Head of Open Source ML at Microsoft, Creator of Kubeflow
Founder of Global AI Community
Cloud Advocate at Microsoft
Principal Research Manager, Automated ML team at Microsoft Research
Award winning data science author
Quality of the idea
(Includes creativity and originality of the idea.)
Implementation of the Idea
(Includes how well Azure AI services were leveraged by the developer.)
(Includes the extent to which the solution can be widely useful.)
- Machine Learning/ AI